The dream of ambitious and gifted children is to attend prestigious international universities. But financial constraints frequently serve as a barrier, preventing them from attaining their objectives. As a result, numerous national and international organizations are trying to ensure that gifted people are not denied access to the top-notch education they deserve because of a lack of funding.
Indian students have a range of scholarships available to them from other nations. Students have a variety of options to select from when it comes to international scholarships, including those introduced by the government and those by private institutions. Many students are not aware of the funding choices available to them, despite the fact that scholarships are readily available for Indian students to consider studying abroad.
Here is a list of the top 10 reputable scholarships that are in high demand:
1. Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships
Choose the kind of scholarship you require and do your study accordingly.
Indian students with talent and drive who have appropriate job experience are eligible to apply for the Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships. Along with job experience and academic credentials, these students must demonstrate considerable leadership qualities.
Here are some details regarding this federal student award:
- The United States-India Educational Foundation offers merit- and need-based programs. Please be aware that the amount might be renewed annually and is vary.
- Coverage for accident and illness expenses in accordance with US government regulations. Additionally, the round-trip economy class price is covered by this scholarship.
2. Great Wall Program
If you want to go to college in China, learn more about The Great Wall Program. This scholarship can support you in reaching your objectives.
There are a few things you need to know about this government scholarship for studying abroad. These consist of:
- First, a regular stipend, health insurance, housing, and tuition are all covered by this scholarship.
- Second, students with a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or comparable degree who are younger than 45 years old are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Last but not least, UNESCO developed this government scholarship program for academics and students looking for funding to carry out research and study in China.
3. The JN Tata Endowment for Indian Higher Education
Through these scholarship programs, you can pay for your higher education abroad.
The JN Tata Endowment Scholarship is among the most renowned scholarship schemes. You are qualified for this government scholarship for students if you plan to pursue higher education at an international university.
- Depending on the eligibility requirements the student meets, the scholarship amount might range from INR 1,00,000 to INR 10,00,000 (in Indian Rupees).
- Scholars may also be suggested for a gift scholarship worth INR 75,000. Depending on the student’s academic success at their university, gift scholarships are given out.
- However, you must pay back the scholarship money in equal payments of 20%.
4. The International Scholarship Program of the Aga Khan Foundation
Thanks to the Aga Khan Foundation Scholarships, students have a fantastic opportunity to study at institutions in France, Canada, Portugal, the United Kingdom, and the United States. As a result, it is one of the most sought-after government scholarships offered by India for international study.
However, when applying for this government scholarship to study abroad, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Students who apply for this award will get a 50/50 loan and grant amount.
- The majority of applications for master’s programs are given preference. However, if you’re interested in short-term programs like postgraduate degrees and certifications, you may need to look into alternative financing opportunities.
- The demonstration of sustained academic effort and achievement is one of the qualifying criteria for this scholarship program.
5. Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowship
Researchers seeking funding for study and research relating to climate change are supported by the Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowship program. Encouraging the learning of technical and scientific research researchers, is what is hoped to achieve.
- This program is aimed at academics from India who have earned a Ph.D. from an accredited Indian institution.
- This government award helps Indian researchers who are just starting out and need money to support their studies. However, the project must directly relate to climate studies and any associated teaching or research.
- Additionally, this fellowship program aims to improve ties between India and the United States. The fight against climate change is a shared objective.
6. The Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust
Make sure you thoroughly investigate the scholarship you are requesting. Only Indian women are eligible for the Lady Meherbai D. Tata Education Trust Scholarship, which makes it unique. They now have a fantastic option to continue their further education at an accredited university abroad.
Read the following information.
- This scholarship is available for Masters-level courses in places including the United States, the United Kingdom, and Europe.
- You should have at least two years of professional experience in your chosen industry.
- Proof of current finances is another crucial document needed to be eligible for this government scholarship.
7. The National Overseas Scholarship Program
For students from economically deprived groups, the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment offers the National Overseas Scholarship.
- You can apply for this scholarship if you want to enroll in Master’s or Ph.D. programs in Germany, the United Kingdom, or the United States.
- The expenses covered by this program include travel and health insurance.
- Please be aware that in order to enroll in a Master’s program overseas, you must have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or a 55 percent score.
8. Inlaks Shivdasani Scholarships
The Inlaks Shivdasani scholarships are particularly beneficial to students who desire to further their studies at reputable US universities. These scholarships have assisted Indian students in pursuing higher education since 1976.
These awards can reach USD 100,000 and can be used to pay for tuition and living expenses.
- The Inlaks Shivdasani Scholarships’ Requirements
- Indian students who have lived in India for the previous six months are eligible for these scholarships.
- A minimum academic grade of 70% from a reputable university is required for mathematics, physics, and the environment, as well as their connected topics.
9. Commonwealth Scholarships
The students who are unable to pay to study in the UK are really appreciative of these scholarships. Students that are exceptionally gifted and wish to make a difference on the international stage are awarded Commonwealth scholarships.
Future innovators and outstanding leaders are supported and funded in part by these scholarships.
Criteria for Commonwealth Scholarship Eligibility
- Should hold a bachelor’s degree with a minimum upper-second class standing. The applicant must be a citizen or legal resident of one of the Commonwealth nations.
- Must not be able to afford to attend school in the UK without financial aid.
10. University of Cornell Tata Scholarship
The Tata Scholarship Fund will support about 20 scholars through this scholarship at a time, making it the greatest scholarship program for undergraduate students from India attending Cornell.
They will be given and receive the scholarship for the duration of their undergraduate studies. Over $25 million in endowments from the Tata trust have been given to the university.
Criteria for Commonwealth Scholarship Eligibility
- Only undergraduate entrance to Cornell University will be available through this award. The candidate must be an Indian national and a graduate of an Indian secondary school.
- The candidate must be in need of financial assistance in order to be eligible for this award.